DYMO Label v.8.5.1
31 January 2014
This document contains important information that is not included in any other DYMO Label documentation. It highlights changes in system requirements, new features, and known problems. Please read this document carefully!
NEW IN THIS RELEASE
This release includes:
- Support for Microsoft Windows 8.1
- Support for Microsoft Office 2013
- Support for QuickBooks 2013 and 2014
- Support for Act! v16
Operating System Support
- Windows XP SP2 or later (32-bit)
- Windows Vista (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Windows 7 (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Windows 8 (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Windows 8.1 (32-bit or 64-bit)
Install Software First
If you plug in the printer before running the installer on Windows Vista, the Windows XP version of the printer may be installed. If this happens, you must delete this printer and then run the installer again.
Connecting to Shared Printers on Windows Vista
If you want to connect to a shared network printer, use the Windows Vista Add Printer Wizard in the Printer control panel to connect to the shared printer.
You must install DYMO Label software from a user account with Administrator rights. However, you can use the software while logged in to an account with Limited rights.
DYMO Label v.8 supports the following printer models:
- LabelWriter 450
- LabelWriter 450 Turbo
- LabelWriter 450 Twin Turbo
- LabelWriter 450 Duo
- LabelWriter 4XL
- LabelWriter SE450
- LabelWriter 400
- LabelWriter 400 Turbo
- LabelWriter Duo
- LabelWriter Twin Turbo
- LabelWriter 310 (models 90966, 93029 & 93034 ONLY)
- LabelWriter 315 (model 90975 ONLY)
- LabelWriter 320 (models 90892, 93031 & 93036 ONLY)
- LabelWriter 330 (model 90891 & 93037 USB ONLY)
- LabelWriter 330 Turbo (models 90884, 93033 & 93038, USB ONLY)
- LabelManager Wireless PnP
- LabelManager 280
- LabelManager 500TS
- LabelManager PnP
- LabelManager 420P
- LabelManager PCII
- LabelManager 450
- LabelManager 450D
- LabelPoint 350
Earlier LabelWriter printer models are NOT supported by this version of DYMO Label software.
DYMO Label v.8 includes add-ins for:
· Microsoft Office XP, 2003, 2007, 2010, and 2013 - Word, Excel, and Outlook
· QuickBooks 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014 (US Only)
· Act! 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2012, v16 (English Only)
FOR DYMO LABEL SOFTWARE VERSION 7 USERS
Compatibility between DYMO Label Software Version 7 and DYMO Label v.8
You can install DYMO Label v.8 if you have Version 7 installed. You can use both versions simultaneously with no problems.
The following changes are made during the DYMO Label v.8 installation:
· Microsoft Office, QuickBooks, and ACT! Add-Ins for Version 7 are uninstalled and replaced with the DYMO Label v.8 Add-Ins.
· Version 7 printer drivers are updated to the DYMO Label v.8 drivers.
Importing DYMO Label Software Version 7 Settings
DYMO Label v.8 has a First Run wizard that can import your Version 7 preferences and Address Book. Your Label File Folder settings are imported as a part of this process. When you open label files in DYMO Label version 8, the File Open dialog box points to your default Version 7 label files folder.
DYMO Label Software Version 7 Label File Compatibility
DYMO Label v.8 can import Version 7 (.lwl) labels. DYMO Label v.8 cannot open Version 7 tape label (.D1L) files.
Installing the QuickBooks Add-in on Windows Vista and Windows 7 (US Only)
After installing DYMO Label software, you must log in as Administrator and run QuickBooks at least once for the Add-in button to appear in the toolbar. You can then run QuickBooks in normal mode and the add-in button will be visible.
Printing a Large Job on a Slower Computer
If you are using a Pentium 4 or slower computer and white streaks appear in barcodes when printing a large batch of labels, do one of the following:
- Set your print spooler to spool the entire job before printing.
- Turn off print spooling.
Word Add-In Button Remains in Word after DYMO Label Uninstall
In Microsoft Word 2003 and Word XP, when you uninstall DYMO Label v.8, the Add-In button remains in the toolbar even though the Add-In has been removed.
To fix this issue in Word 2003 and XP
- Right-click on the toolbar.
- Select Customize.
- Drag the icon off the toolbar.
To fix this issue for Word 2007
- Right-click the Add-In button.
- Select Remove.
Click below to download the Dymo software & drivers: